For your safety, as well as the safety of other cyclists and road users, please follow the safety advice below:
- Ride no more than two abreast and single up on the climb up Mt Buffalo.
- Listening to music via the use of earphones or headphones is strictly prohibited.
- Listen to and obey directions from Police, traffic controllers and course marshals.
- Always ride in the same direction as traffic on the left hand side of the road.
- Use hand signals if turning left or right or stopping.
- Riders must only pass to the right of another rider and call out 'passing' when doing so.
- Riders should always look behind before pulling out to pass another rider.
- It is the rider's responsibility to follow the sign posted course.
- Your bike must be mechanically sound with both front & rear brakes in working order. Bikes must be fully checked prior to the event.
- Always wear your helmet correctly (with straps tightened under chin) when cycling.
- Wear bright clothing that increases your visibility to other road users.
- Please affix a rear flashing light (red) to your bike and have it on when riding. Check it is fully charged before the Ride.
- Remember to drink plenty of water and to eat healthy food before, during, and after the event.
- The use of mobile phones while riding is illegal so if you need to use your mobile phone please call 'stopping' and move off the road.